L-R: My best friend/sister Eliza, me, my brother Sam, by friend/brother Nathan, my dad at my graduation. Not sure where mum was!
Amourette (French): A passing love, a crush.
Hello! I’m Sophia Jeanne, an 18-year-old from Australia. I finished school in Australia 2014 and am now taking a gap year overseas during 2015. I worked as an assistant English as a Foreign Language (EFL) teacher from January-June in a blind and partially-sighted school in Kraków, Poland and in the latter half of the year I’m going to au pair in Limoges, France.
A bit about me:
- I love coding, reading, watching TV (The Simpsons, Community, Bobs Burgers, Last Week Tonight), learning languages and cooking. I’m quite introverted but I love my friends, who are in various places across the world.
- I know French, Korean, Japanese, Swedish, Polish, German and Braille to various degrees (I’m near fluent in French, I can’t speak much Korean but I can read it, etc.). I haven’t taken a course in any of these except French.
- I started a magazine called Orenda. It kind of fell to pieces, whoops, but I plan on re-launching it when I’m back in Australia
- I love reading about productivity, goals, habits and happiness. My favourite people/websites in this field are: Gretchen Rubin, Asian Efficiency, James Clear and Home Work.
- I like to play the piano and drums, not that I am particularly good at either.
- I’m a vegetarian, but I’m also allergic to tree nuts.
- I have my own small graphic/web design business in Australia.
- In 2016, I’m moving back to Melbourne, Australia, where I’m going to study Graphic Design at RMIT University.
Here are Amourette, you’ll find me posting design loveliness, adventures of my time in Poland/France/Europe, running a business straight out of school, learning new things, productivity/goal/habit/happiness related stuff and generally coming to terms with the fact that I’m now supposed to be an adult.
Want to get in touch? You can contact me here.